I made an example GitHub Action workflow that will automatically push all files in a specified directory to a different GitHub repo using a GitHub deploy key. By enabling GitHub Pages for the destination repo, you can serve content dynamically generated by a GitHub action workflow/job.
- Publish static (gatsby, jekyll etc.) site to separate GitHub repository
- Publish build results to a web endpoint
- Publish istanbul test coverage from unit/integration tests
- Publish a custom badge like shields.io (e.g a test coverage badge)
- Free serving of public websites with git history (public repositories don’t cost anything)
- Don’t have to pay for services like
- Don’t bloat your main repo with a long history of ever changing files.
- Don’t risk exposing any personal github token from a github action (a leak which which could give someone access to your whole GitHub account).